Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Where did the day go?

I seem to have forgotten to take a photo on July 28. I'm not really sure how that happened. But the worst part? I can't even tell you what I did that day. Did I work all day? I don't know. Did I hang out with friends? Highly unlikely. Did I spend the whole day drunk? A possibility.

Ha, I kid.

Or do I?

Anyway, here's a photo I took in March of 2007, of my sweet and beloved husband taking a bath in our first bitchen. Did you know we've had two bitchens? We've had two.


My beloved is hiking the JMT, as I've mentioned, and has no phone or Internet access, so it will be several weeks until he realizes that I've posted a photo of him in the bath on the Internet.

I am so glad I'm not married to me.

George affectionately named this bathtub the 'bounter', as in 'bathtub/counter', because that ugly slab of wood you see on the wall behind the tub? That is the underside of the kitchen counter. It folded down when you needed to use it, and then folded up and latched to the wall when you needed to bathe. And I only spent $1500 a month on my rent! Have I mentioned lately HOW MUCH I LOVE MY FABULOUS NEW APARTMENT?

7/28/09

7 comments:

Hawk said...

On the positive side {shudder} that IS a really nice shade of blue...

Kim said...

I just wanted to tell you (again) how amazing this photo is. I seriously would watch a video/photo tour of this apartment. While I have experienced a TINY kitchen, the concept of "bitchen" is foreign to me. And I love it. Because I don't live there.

But hey, neither do you! Wheee!

Kim said...

PS - was there a shower somewhere? Or was all bathing done in the bounter?

A Serious Girl said...

No shower. Just the bounter. He's pouring water over his head with a can because there wasn't even a shower nozzle for the tub. VERY OLD-FASHIONED. I kind of loved it.

Kim said...

omg that is amazing. seriously amazing.

'Cita said...

I think I know what you were doing on July 28th - you were madly preparing for your trip to LA, and Michael was madly preparing his backpacking gear....It Was Pure Madness!

Michael said...

You are in such trouble you dont even know. I am in LA on Alan's computer as
I write this, many miles away, but tomorrow I come home...