Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hodge Podge

I am married to this guy:

On a scale of 1-10, how offensive is that photo? And would you believe me if I said it came about in an entirely innocent manner? Because it did. It really did.

Moving on! Saturday, August 1st, I kissed my husband good-bye while wearing very large sunglasses so that he would not be able to tell that I was crying. And then I hopped in my sister's car and she drove off quickly as I sobbed like an idiot in the front seat. And then we ate Thai food.

Back in The Valley, it was time to get down and celebrate my father's 70th birthday and my brother's 35th.

My handsome brother and his gorgeous daughter. They look a lot alike:


Clearly, I frighten her:

These two?


He proposed to her on Valentine's Day, in such a movie-romantic way I couldn't even believe it, who knew he was so romantic, but now they're getting married and the family couldn't be happier.

8/1/09

4 comments:

'Cita said...

Awwwww! Lovely! (Except the part about bawling your eyes out.)

Tara said...

But How did that picture of 'Terrorist Camping' come about?

Hawk said...

0% offensive, it takes a lot to offend me and being goofy with camping gear... goofy is good.

A Serious Girl said...

Tara - Well, I was goofing off and I tossed Mike's camp towel over his head. And then I thought, you know? He looks like St. Joseph! (You know the guy. He married the pregnant Virgin Mary.) So then I put his head lamp on his head, around the towel. And then he REALLY looked like St. Joseph. "Let me take your picture!" I said. He was fiddling with his new knife and I, because I'm crazy like that, I said, "Hey! Hold up the knife, too! It'll be weird!" And then I took the photo. And then I showed it to Kevin and George and they said, "HE LOOKS LIKE A TERRORIST." And I said, "Oh. Shit. You're right."