Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ass-balls and other news

About eighty million months ago I posted this post about a onesie I was stitching for Adam's sister's fetus. That fetus is now a fat happy baby and I just finished the onesie today.

Only today is 12:20 a.m. on Wednesday, August 12 and I actually finished this onesie on Wednesday, July 29, and said fetus/baby was born on Tuesday, July 28. We all know I'm behind on my posting, but seriously.

I ought to be in bed right now, only I CAN'T STAND GETTING INTO MY COLD AND EMPTY BED WITHOUT MICHAEL.

I'm not co-dependent. I just know what I like. And I like sharing my bed with that big handsome bear of a man.

Sometimes, if I can see the moon, I will look up at it and wonder if he's looking up at it, too. And then I feel really stupid for being such a cheese curl.

It's really kind of amazing the ache I feel with him gone. I miss him so much. So much. SO MUCH. Have I mentioned lately how much I miss him?

Also, I'm really jealous of my sister-in-law because she is getting phone calls from her husband just about every other day. While I? I get a call from her saying, "The boys are doing great!"

And it's my own fault. Because I told Mike, DO NOT CALL ME. IF YOU CALL ME I WILL THINK A BEAR ATE YOU. (Apparently he listens when I talk.) Why did I tell Mike not to call me? Because I thought I was being all supportive and wonderful and giving him space to have uninterrupted magical man-time with his brother. And I hope he is. I really hope he is.

I am in New York and my wonderful nephew is visiting me and if I ever catch up on my posting, you will hear all about my visit to Los Angeles and my wonderful nephew's visit to New York.

If I ever catch up on my posting.

So anyway, would you like to see some close-up shots of my stitching? I took all the photos before I washed the onesie, so not only is it coated in a fine layer of cat hair, like the rest of my life, but the pattern is still showing through. C'est la vie.



7/29/09

3 comments:

Scrumpi-D said...

sweet! & I love the Velveteen Rabbit - such an allegory xo

'Cita said...

Are you actually committed to bring us Totally Up To Date on your posting, date-by-date, or can you just...Skip Ahead? (I DO like the Onesie, but s'riously, be in the Now!)

Kim said...

The onesie is adorable.

Also, just tell the sister-in-law to tell the brother-in-law that he is officially allowed to call you, even if he has not been attacked by a bear. I know Will is having his magical man adventure, and when he left, we agreed that he should only call to check in once a week or so...but as I've told you, he calls at every possible chance he gets. I know he has better reception on the PCT than Mike does on the JMT, and maybe it's better for them to conserve cell minutes by calling once, but maybe they can alternate calls?

Either way, tell her to tell him that you miss him and it's ok for him to call just to say hi. And you won't think he's less of a manly adventure man for doing it.

Also, Will and I had the "I'm looking at the stars - are you looking at them too?" conversation a few weeks ago. He totally brought it up. You are totally not a cheese curl. Or maybe you are, but that's ok.