Sunday, August 30, 2009

Highline Park

Ever since the city opened Highline Park, Mike and I have been trashing it. With our words, not with actual trash. I mean, really? It's just kind of amazing that millions of dollars are poured into turning a neighborhood "eyesore" into a park, when that neighborhood is THE MEATPACKING DISTRICT. There are so many parks in Harlem and it's surrounding neighborhoods that are in terrible disrepair and really need some love, but no one is going to put any money into those parks because those neighborhoods aren't "hip".

Now I'm going to step down off my soap box and admit that Highline Park is actually pretty badass. The views alone are breathless. But it's also planted well. I loved the natural grasses, flowers and other plants that are growing along the edges.



Sweaty faces are a theme this week.


I mean, how often do you get to take a photo of your nephew standing that close to the back of a billboard? Without doing something illegal?



And also? I got to take this cool photo of one of those stacking parking structures. FROM ABOVE.

8/15/09

2 comments:

SchizotypalVamp said...

Love the last photo and must mock John with the first one. LOL

Kim said...

That is a cool picture...those stacked garages freak me out.