Tuesday, August 18, 2009

LACMA

Papa played hookey from work on his birthday, Monday, August 3rd, to take me and Mama to LACMA* for the day. It was an especially special treat because we had spent the day before at The Getty Villa and LACMA is currently hosting Pompeii and the Roman Villa. I now know more about Roman Villa's than I could have ever hoped to know. But really? It was incredible. Even though there weren't any dead bodies.

I didn't bother taking any photos inside LACMA because my camera is terrible without a flash. And I get yelled at by museum security guards often enough without trying to use a flash. (I am always setting off the alarms for standing too close to the art work/artifact/etc. One time? One time I petted the mane of a sculpture of a lion at The Met, a sculpture made a billion years before Jesus. Mike made me keep my hands folded behind my back for the rest of the day. BUT IF THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO TOUCH IT, WHY DO THEY PUT IT RIGHT THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR?)

This is my mama** and me playing around in a Frosty-Friendly art installation by Choi Jeong-Hwa, called Happy, Happy. And it is aptly titled, because it sure made me feel good to be able to run around in it and touch all those wonderful, brightly colored plastic bins. I wish I'd taken a photo of the whole thing, it was quite incredible, and if you live in Los Angeles, I suggest you go check it out.

Just for kicks, here are photos I found when I google-imaged "Happy, Happy art at LACMA"

Happy, Happy


The artist and his work.
8/3/09

*Weren't expecting THAT were you?
**How gorgeous is my mother? A total knockout at 67 years young.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Why doesn't the artist look Happy Happy?

'Cita said...

He's looking Arty Arty instead.

Michael said...

I'm glad you found art you can touch!