Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kiss Goodbye


Writing this on July 30, for a photo that was taken 7/25/09. It was the only photo I took that day and Mike will probably be annoyed I'm posting it, but what's a girl to do? I love that face so much, it's hard to find words to explain it.

Today we leave for California. We have two lovely women from Ohio staying in our apartment, taking care of the beasts, the worms, the little potted garden. We'll be staying with Mike's brother and his family for a couple of days and then Mike and his brother will start their near-300-mile journey along the John Muir Trail. It will be 23 days until I wake up and see that beautiful face on the pillow by mine. I am very much looking forward to his safe return.

Once Mike hits the trail, I head back to The Valley, to spend time with family and friends. I plan to keep up with Project 365+, taking photos every day. Wouldn't you know it though, my laptop is on the fritz, so I have no idea if I will be able to post while I'm gone. Check back periodically, but I can't promise I will post between now and August 10. Of course, that just means double the posts when I get back!

All of my love,
t.

7/25/09

2 comments:

Kim said...

Have a great trip, and best of luck to Mike on his hike! If you need any "my boyfriend is hiking through the wilderness" support, you know how to reach me. My countdown: 25 days down, 28 days to go!

Hawk said...

Safe travels to both of you!