Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Somewhere on the Lower East Side


I'll be perfectly honest. This is the only photograph I took today. I kind of got a little distracted and didn't take any pictures. Until I walked by this wonderful, forgotten, chained-up horsey-ride. Something about it took my breath away. The horse is faded from the sun and covered in graffiti. Her coin box has been torn off. Whatever mechanisms that once made her move have been stripped away. And yet, someone is so worried she'll be taken from them, that they have chained her to the tree.

I wonder if she's real?

07.10.09

3 comments:

SchizotypalVamp said...

I pretty much love this picture.

SchizotypalVamp said...

Oh, and I just found this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55548800@N00/sets/72157619390638447/

it's a collection of New York street art.

Michael said...

All horsey ride and carousel horses become real. You can see the love in the worn places on them.