Monday, July 06, 2009

Tribute

07.01.09






I was so excited when I saw this I did not give a flying rat's ass what anyone thought of me, and today I had a suitcase with me (new job, yay!) so if I've EVER looked like a tourist, it was today. And you're all right, all of you internet friends, who cares if anyone thinks I'm a tourist? And you're also right that probably no one is even looking at me, and maybe they do think I'm a photographer, only probably not since the camera I'm using is a pile of garbage in the shape of what was, at the time, a very expensive little camera. But anyway, I totally stood in the middle of the sidewalk on the Lower East Side with a suitcase leaning awkwardly against my legs, my purse stuffed with water bottles and sunscreen and maps, and I took pictures of this ... I don't even know what that thing is.


Look closely at the photo. Very closely. Can you tell why I was so excited?


Here it is again. LOOK VERY CLOSELY:





I am really in love with this ... thing. Maybe it was a drinking fountain once? And of course I did not pay attention to where it was, I was too excited to use my brain, so I'll probably never find it again. But I love it.

Do you know who Banksy is? Click here if you don't. If you do, then you all ready know why I love this so much. If you don't, then here's a close up photo of the thing that caught my eye:





Now, I'm not saying this is a Banksy.
But it could be a Bansky. Maybe. Or else it's someone who wants to be Bansky. Maybe it's me. I kind of want to be Banksy sometimes.

P.S. Frosty-licious does not condone graffiti. Except for sometimes in certain cases, apparently.

5 comments:

SchizotypalVamp said...

See, it totally was not so bad doing that, was it?

OMG They really need famous graffiti artists in LA. Or I need to find out about the famous graffiti artists in LA. Congrats on your find!!

PS it looks like a urinal to me. A very pretty public urinal. Actually it looks as though it was meant to be some sort of tribute, and now even the tribute is fading with time.

Hawk said...

At first I thought it was a dead mouse and that was what had you hyped. Be neat if it was a Bansky but still spiffy work if it's not.


So you won't be needing the t-shirt I designed for you?

http://the-ayrie.net/stuff/frosty-shirt.jpg

Amusingly, the word verification for this post is drama...

A Serious Girl said...

Hawk! That shirt made me laugh my a** off. Nice work.

Vamp - Banksy has work in Los Angeles, too. He hits lots of different cities. I walk past a mural he painted in the TB5 video for We Love What Kills Us. In fact, that's how I first heard about Banksy. The director discovered the mural and freaked out - it was brand-spanking-new, like hadn't been there when he location scouted the week before. We found three others that night. Keep your eyes peeled next time you're in LA.

'Cita said...

Very Neat!

Dori Jennings said...

Good freaking eye, Frosty! Jeez o pete!