Thursday, February 26, 2009

From the mouths of Poompys.


I'll admit it. I'm kind of amazed by how positively affected I am by my husband being a full-time student. I'm a little (slightly) (no, really, only a little) (ok, maybe VERY) possessive of my "alone" time with Mike and I was nervous that once he became a full time student while working a full time job I wouldn't EVER see him. But it actually seems like we spend a lot more quality time together now, even if it isn't as much time. Something about making the most of what you've got. Funny how that works. Plus, it's really a thrill to see him so happily involved in something. So excited about something. So interested in something. One of my favorite things lately is to sit in the living room and work on the laptop (read: pretend to work while I sit and watch him) while he's doing his homework. He's super sexy when he's studying. I don't know what it is.

All this being said, I have been equally amazed at his stamina and how happily he runs from class to studying to work and back again, with no complaints and a huge smile on his face. So I asked him. How do you DO it?

"Whenever I start to get tired or I don't feel like doing my homework, I imagine myself at 60 years old saying, 'Would you like a dessert menu, sir?' and then I can't study hard enough."

Whatever works, baby. Whatever works.

No comments: