Monday, February 09, 2009

25 things you didn't need to know, but now you do.

Everyone of Facebook is doing this chain letter thing where they write 25 random things about themselves that they think no one else knows. I wasn't going to do it, but then, a lot of people I really love did it and I actually learned new things about them, so I decided to do it too. And then I copied it and pasted it here. Because, why not?

1. I couldn't figure out how to use the 'note' function on Facebook. But then I did.

2. I used to fantasize about living in a place that snowed. Now I fantasize about living in a place that is sunny and warm year-round.

3. My ovaries talk to me every day. They say, "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A BABY, BITCH?"

4. I think if I had a really good camera that I'd be a really good photographer. But maybe that is wishful thinking.

5. I'm painfully shy sometimes and other times I am anything but.

6. I love boys. I feel more comfortable around men than I do around women. I think it's because I grew up mostly with boys.

7. My expectations of other people are so high that I am usually disappointed.

8. I am trying to learn not to have such high expectations of other people.

9. Those people who meet my expectations, or surpass them, become my idols.

10. Sometimes I think that all I want to be when I grow up is a mama.

11. The head casting director of a certain network once told me that I am not worth $5,000. And then I got a job on her network. Das Right. Suck it, I said.

12. I love my family more than anything else in the world. And then I wonder, "So why the EFF do I live so far away from them?" It's because I just have to, right now. They understand.

13. I recently gained ten pounds. I believe I should hate myself for it, and punish myself for it, but secretly, I like how my body looks right now.

14. My husband and I blame our pets for our bad behavior. Someone gassy? Blame a dog. Someone eat all the cookies and not save any for their spouse? Blame a cat. And then we berate them for freeloading. Why don't they get jobs and help out with the rent already?

15. I like the smell of dog breath. I also like cat breath.

16. I get really irritated when my husband leaves his clothes on the floor, but I don't mind if I leave my clothes on the floor.

17. Recently at dinner with friends, I announced: "Oh my gosh, you guys. Do you realize that we're GROWN UPS now?" To which my friends responded: "TRICIA, YOU SAY THAT ALL TIME. YES, WE'RE GROWN UPS. GET OVER IT." I didn't realize I said that all the time. But I think it a lot and it totally freaks me out.

18. I write a blog and I entertain fantasies about it becoming really popular, garnering thousands of readers, and one day supporting my family with its ad space. Like Dooce.

19. I think it's ok that I'm afraid of butt sex. I'm grateful that my husband is not interested in butt sex. I understand why guys like butt sex but I don't understand why girls like it. I, myself, have an intact behimen. I think talking about butt sex is funny. I like words like behimen, resipoo, anal-ease, etc. (That was like, five things, wasn't it?)

20. I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy, and I'm totally ok with that.

21. I moved from L.A. to NYC nearly two years ago. Before I left, I said I was moving to pursue a career on Broadway. Now that I've been here for two years I realize that I really just moved because I needed to grow up. I was too comfortable in LA. Life was too easy. I think that moving to NY has been one of the best things I could have done for my spiritual growth. That sounds way cheesier than I meant it to.

22. The highlight of my day is often the email I get from my mama.

23. I enjoy balancing my checkbook, but only when we're not broke.

24. I love to type. I type really really fast. I would love to get a job as a typist.

25. I aspire to be a much better person than I actually am.

1 comment:

-J. said...

Behimen? I am so totally stealing that. Er, the word. You know.