Monday, February 16, 2009

Balls!

People In The Sun posted this interview recently (it's kind of like an interview-game) and I thought it was nifty, so I asked him to interview me. Are you really surprised? Isn't it clear by now that I really, really enjoy talking about myself?

Here are the rules for the game, in case you want to play too. (And I kind of really hope you do.)

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

And the interview begins... NOW.

1. Do you have a name you want for your first child?

Apple Martini. JUST KIDDING. I have a whole list of names, dude. It used to be all "unique" (read: lame) names, and names of rock stars and characters from books, but now it's almost entirely all family names. I love Gabriel, Jakob, Elliott and Caleb for a boy but those are not family names. I have a cousin named Jacob, but that is not the same as Jakob. Even though I pronounce it the same way. Girl family names are: Frances, Eva, Vivienne, Marguerite, Suzanne, Reba, Milan and Michelle. Boy family names are: Milan, Frances, Royal, and Eugene. My husband has threatened to divorce me if I name our son Eugene, Frances or Elliott. He says our son will be an outcast. I say he'll know how to throw a great right hook.

2. Are you going to live forever? Are you gonna learn how to fly high?

I don't know about living forever, but I am definitely learning how to fly high.

3. What role were you born to play?

Oooh. Miss Julie in Strindberg's Miss Julie. Maggie in After The Fall. Georgie in Spike Heels. I always dreamed of playing Emily in Our Town, but I think my chance for that has past. Kate in Taming Of The Shrew. Lady Anne in Richard III. I'd love to play Lulu in Wedekind's Lulu and I dreamed of playing Wendla in Wedekind's Spring Awakening, but I'm too old for that now. Sorry, I know you only asked for one. I could go on and on and on.

4. Is blogging a pastime or is it something else you can or can't name?

It started out as a pastime, but now it's something else I can't quite name. My husband and my father think I will make my mark on this world as a writer, not an actor. I have no idea where life will lead me but I'm open to all the possibilities.

5. Is living in New York still as romantic as it was on your first week there or is it just another place to pay bills and breathe tar?

Oh gosh, no. The romance is almost entirely gone. But it's not just another place to pay bills, either. I feel like a guest here. Probably because I've finally admitted to myself that I have no intention of living out the rest of my life here. Los Angeles is home and I want it to stay that way. That being said, as I wander street to street in this metropolis, I am constantly struck by the beauty of it, the sharpness of it, and I cannot believe I am lucky enough to live here, if only for a moment.

P.S. WATCH LIFE ON MARS ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 25. I play Penny Margolis. You don't want to miss it.

5 comments:

People in the Sun said...

Balls!

That was fun, right? It really scared me at the beginning, coming up with questions. But it wasn't that bad. I'm the Terry Gross of Blogland.

At first we came up with Ashlin. We didn't want to tell anyone because we knew they'd tell us to choose a different name. Then we told people and they told us to choose a different name. Liam was perfect because it works in English and it has a meaning in Hebrew. But it's still weird that for a couple of months he was Ashlin.

And I'm excited about Life on Mars. Congratulations.

Kate said...

Interview me! Interview me!

:D

And duh, everyone loves talking about themselves. Why else would we be bloggers?

John L Taylor said...

The romance is gone?
And you don't want to live there? You actually PREFER LA?

I am going to die in my house in the Cloisters, man...

Hawk said...

Why not...

Intarvew mee!

Oh, yeah, I agree with your dad and hubby, you are a very good writer.

Hawk said...

I has been interviewed:
http://villainy.the-ayrie.net/archives/304