Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Weather... or not.

It's pouring out. Pouring. It was bright and sunny and humid and warm ten minutes ago and now it is pouring rain. 

All my life I've heard people complain because Southern California doesn't have weather. I've heard that other places, such as New York, are "better" because they actually have weather. I would like to argue, right here and now, that SoCal does in fact have weather and that it happens to be beautiful weather and it lasts nearly year-round. New York has crappy weather, most of the time. Sure, sure, once in a while there is a gorgeous day in Manhattan. But not today. Not yesterday either. Or the day before. Or the day before. There were maybe three days of nice weather in February. Maybe five in March. If there were any nice days in April I must have slept through them. Yeah, ok, May has been nice, but June has proved pretty damn sweaty and gross most of the time. And why, WHY IS IT RAINING IN JUNE? WHEN DOES THE RAINY SEASON END?

I was whining to someone about this when they looked at me and said, "How long did you live in Los Angeles?"
"My whole life." I replied.
And then he rolled his eyes and said, "Yeah. Los Angeles is not like most places. Everywhere else in the country it rains year round. Get used to it."

THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN LOS ANGELES.

No comments: