Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I'm telling it to SHUT IT.

8/28/09 - FAIL

8/29/09 - FAIL


That's what I hear in my head when I realize I haven't kept up with The Project for a few days.

Sometimes I am just too in the moment to try and take photos because, have you ever noticed that the minute you hold a camera up to your face, it's as if you've just slapped a filter on life?

Sometimes I am just too busy to try and take photos.

Sometimes I remember (and I'm telling myself this more than I'm telling you) I remember that the point is not just to take photos. THE POINT IS TO BE CREATIVE.

And then there are the days when I wake up in the morning, eat, shower and go to work. And then I come home, eat, brush my teeth and go to bed. I seem to be having a lot of those days lately.

And yet? All this work that is keeping me so busy? It includes the following:

1) I've been hired to sing on the demo of a brand-spanking-new musical. Even better? I'm singing the Leading Lady role. And the music is so great I can't get it out of my head.

2) I've been hired to play the lead in an independent film by a director who's previous work has been on the festival circuit, and it's crazy because I honestly don't think I've ever worked on an independent film that felt this professional and this well put together. It's kind of surreal. And absolutely wonderful. And a lot of fun.

So all this work I'm doing? It's pretty awesome.

And to that little voice in my head? SHUT THE F UP.

8/28/09 - WIN

8/29/09 - WIN

3 comments:

'Cita said...

YES! Definite WIN!

Kim said...

YOU WIN HOORAY FOR WINNING YOU ARE THE WINNER YOU WIN THE WINNINGEST OF THEM ALL!

Scrumpi-D said...

very, VERY exciting - BIG WINS ~ perca