Monday, September 07, 2009

The Unveiling

Of course, as soon as I took these and got permission to post them, he declared them both unfinished and went back to work. And then he made them even better.

I am very proud of him.

I wish you could see them in person. Much of the detail is lost in the photograph. But you get the idea.

Two headed boy


Don't take those pills your boyfriend gave you

I urge you to click on the photos so you can see more of the detail. Look closely at the boys face. The detail is incredible. And the dresser on the right in the second painting - that open drawer seems alive to me. Also, check out the reflection in the mirror. It's ghostly!

8/27/09

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! All this since he returned? That musta been Some Trip! They are wonderful.

'Cita said...

That was me, Not a nanny moose.

SchizotypalVamp said...

Awesome!!

Hawk said...

"Like"


Very much.

Tara said...

His use of color is beautiful!

A Serious Girl said...

Thank you, everyone! I love his use of shadows and his paint strokes. He took them to his new art class and his teacher said, "Oh, so you've been painting for a long time." Nope! Two-headed boy is his first! When he decides they're both finished I'll post them again.

xox
t.

Anonymous said...

When I saw 'Two Headed Boy,' I thought, "Michael Jackson." Weird, huh?

Kim said...

Very cool - and that mirror is spooky indeed!