Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On set

The shoot for Chase Thompson tops my list of Most Wonderful Acting Experiences. It is a real treat to have the opportunity to work with a group of people who are professional, organized, thoughtful, talented, collaborative and joyful. The entire cast and crew of Chase Thompson, the film by Vincent Lin that I worked on over Labor Day weekend, was a dream. Each day of our three day shoot was long, but not once did I wish to be somewhere else. When my alarm went off at 3:00 a.m. I leapt out of bed, excited to head to the set. I kept my cellphone off for three days because I did not want to be interrupted from my work. I hid from time pieces because I didn't want to be reminded of the time. I did not want to stop. I just wanted to stay put, in the moment, with those people, working on that film.

That is what movie making should always be.

I needed that. I had begun to feel frustrated and wary, twisted up with negative thoughts, tied with a bow of self-disgust.

Thank goodness for wonderful artists who remind me why I'm an actor, why I chose this non-conventional lifestyle and why I'm in New York.



9/7/09