Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Project 365+ (Starts June 25, 2009) (I'm a little nervous.)

Did you just roll your eyes? Seriously? No? Ok.

I keep hearing people talk about the 365 day project - it's when you commit to taking a photo every day for 365 days and then post each photo to your blog or your facebook or your photosite or whatever. I guess the idea is to create a kind of a journal of your year. I'm not sure why it appeals to me so much, but it does. All right, I do know, but I'm not ready to talk about it. Anyway. I've been thinking about doing this for months and I keep putting it off, but now I'm just going to do it. I'm just going to dive in. Because if anything, it will force me to be at least a tiny bit creative every day.

This is my goal: Every day for the next year I will take photos of things that catch my eye, things I think are strange or beautiful or ugly, moments that make me happy, people I love, whatever I want. I will take photos every day and then I will pick one, the one that most interests me or best captures my mood or how I felt about my day, and I will post it here and write about it. And if, at the end of 365 days I feel like keeping it up, I will. Because I can.

Now. While I promise to use my camera on a daily basis, I will not promise to post the photos on a daily basis or even on the day on which they were taken. That is just unrealistic. At least while I have four jobs. In fact, I actually started this project on June 25th, so the retroactive posting has already begun. Neener neener neener, I want to hear no complaints. I'll start out a few days behind, and if I catch up one day, then awesome. If not, c'est la vie. Also, I do not claim to be a photographer, so please lower your expectations. This is just for fun. And. While ultimately, I think it would be super awesome if I got to the point where I posted a photo at the end of every day and then continued with the project well past the 365th day, I'm going to start with baby steps. And I'm calling the project:

Project 365+

Can I get a "HELLS YEAH"?

I hereby promise to myself, and to those of you out there who by reading this blog are having a relationship with me that I don't even know about, that I will photograph beautiful moments on a daily basis for the next 365 days, and maybe more, and post the fruits of my efforts within.

Here goes something.

June 25, 2009

I've always been in love with his hands. On our first date, our first real date the second time we tried dating, I sat in his kitchen and watched him cook, sipping red wine and talking about - I don't even know what. I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying because I was watching his beautiful hands. Some of my favorite moments between us, some of our most romantic, most intimate, most profound moments have happened while I was perched in the kitchen watching him cook. No matter what is happening between us, no matter where we are in our lives, no matter how we are feeling, while he cooks and I watch, the world is absolutely perfect.

5 comments:

'Cita said...

Love it, love you, love him.

Kim said...

I will most certainly give you a HELLS YEAH!

Dori Jennings said...

Love it. I want to copy you, of course, meaning I will most likely wait a few months and do the exact same thing with a different name, how does that sound? ;)

Hawk said...

Here's my "HELLS YEAH" and I'll throw in a side of "YEHAW!" to go along with it.

George said...

wink wink