Monday, June 22, 2009

After a very long day. Not a bad day. Just a very long one.

It is only Monday and I am already exhausted.

I started a new job today. I now, officially, have four jobs. FOUR. 1-2-3-4. Like the song by Feist, only not as fun.

And I don't mean to complain, I really don't, especially when so many people (my husband included) are unemployed. But this, this needing four jobs to just barely make ends meet when your ends are as modest as mine, especially when your ends are as modest as mine, this is a little ridiculous. I could go into the politics of all of this, I could rant and whine about how no one is paying a decent wage anymore (because of the economy, they say) but if employers continue paying people so poorly that people continue to be so broke that they can't spend any money at all because they can barely make their modest ends meet, that they will have to wear boots all summer because they cannot afford to purchase cute summery sandals, how will our economy get better?

But I won't go into all of that because I am too tired from working at three of my four jobs today.

I am so tired my head feels lopsided and buzzy.

I am so tired I don't even know what that means.

And it is only Monday.

2 comments:

SchizotypalVamp said...

I'm so sorry Tricia :(. Good luck and strength!

Hawk said...

What's your new job?