Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reaching Out

All right, you guys. I'm sorry I haven't posted in seven (gasp!) days, but things have been hectic. I will resume regular posting tomorrow, but in the mean time, I wanted to share some exciting news with you.

Ready?

I just applied to AmeriCorps

I'm really excited. I was in the process of applying for the NYC Teaching Fellowship and today they sent me an email about a new program called NYC Civic Corps. Were I to be hired, it would be my job to help organize volunteering programs in NYC, either for healthcare, education, environmental issues, neighborhood safety, strengthening communities or emergency preparedness. Talk about doing something that matters, man. I'm shaking I'm so excited.

Wish me luck!


5 comments:

'Cita said...

Exciting! Bonne chance!!!

Kim said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Kate said...

Aw, that's awesome! I wanna do stuff like that!

and didn't I tell you I wanted bangs like yours? Totally did man, done and done. :P

Hawk said...

Best of luck, Frosty!

Jim (glad2bhere) said...

That sounds like a fantastic job, Frosty, working with people who really want to make a difference in the city, and who aren't just in it for the money. I wish you luck!