Saturday, May 03, 2008

Playing catch up.

I have so much to tell you! I mean, I never told you how totally rad The Bangkok Five music video shoot was. I never told you all about the awesome book I was reading that I'm done reading now. I never told you how excited I am about my upcoming visit home. I never told you about how I signed with a new agent. I never told you about my job interview at a House of Domination. And I never told you that I booked a flight to Seattle for this upcoming September! See? SEE? SEE HOW MUCH STUFF I HAVEN'T TOLD YOU???

Where should I begin? Perhaps at the beginning?

~I signed with an agent. On April 8th. He's rad, I'm super excited, I WANT TO GET AN ACTING JOB NOW SO PLEASE CAN I START GOING ON AUDITIONS? *breathe* I know, I have to be patient. These things take time, blah blah, it's hard to still be excited that I have an agent when I HAVEN'T BEEN ON AN AUDITION YET. 

~The Bangkok Five shoot was fantastic. I was surrounded by a group of wonderful people and it was just awesome to be working with artists who were genuinely concerned about the artistic aspect of the project. I feel like I have a bazillion stories to tell about the three day shoot, but if I tell it here, this post will take you an hour to read, so I'll save it for a rainy day. But I do want to say this one thing: Whenever I belched, the entire crew erupted in laughter and applause and then a belching contest would ensue. I always won. It might have been the highlight of my year.

~I'm going home to visit my family and friends and I will be there in just four days. I am very excited. It will be sunny and warm and I will spend at least one whole day at the beach. I will go shopping with Dopey and lounge around drinking tea with my Mama and my Marta and I will have coffee conversations with my Papa and I will have long lunches with my brother and his beautiful wife. I will drink wine and indulge in deep heart-to-hearts with Pucci. I will revel in the joys of a party Dopey is throwing just for me and Poompy. I will bond with my niece and nephews. I will see dear dear friends I haven't seen in a year. It will be wonderful and, I'm certain, far too short.

~I purchased tickets for me and Poompy to go to Seattle to visit my grandmother and all my aunts and uncles and cousins and I am so excited. Poompy has never been to Seattle and it is one of my favoritest places ever. I am really looking forward to seeing family I haven't seen in (gasp) seven years, but I'm mostly excited to meet my new cousin-who-isn't-yet-finished-being-made-but-should-be-ready-for-his/her-world-premiere-somewhere-around-July-22-and-in-the-meantime-is-currently-residing-in-the-uterus-of-my-beloved-and-beautiful-and-brilliant-cousin-Angie. The trip wouldn't be possible if my Auntie Anne and Cousin Angie hadn't offered up their spare beds. I am forever grateful to the both of them.

~I got called for a job interview at a House of Domination.

Do you ever just like to waste time goofing around on Craigslist? I sure do. My favorite things to read are the 'm4w' and 'w4m' sections because I think they're just hilarious. Especially when those freaks include naked-y pictures of themselves. (It is a personal favorite past time of mine to look at people's self-proclaimed Sexy Pics and point and laugh hysterically.) I also occasionally like to read the 'Rant and Rave' posts. I don't read the 'Pets' postings because they make me cry. Once in a while I check out 'ETC Jobs' because those can be pretty funny, too. Last week there was an 'ETC Job' posting for a Dominatrix at a House of Domination (No experience necessary!) Too funny. I couldn't resist emailing. I had this fantasy of going in for a job interview and watching a training session just for the story I could write about it afterwards. AND THEY TOTALLY EMAILED BACK TO SET UP AN INTERVIEW! And then.... and then.....

I lost my nerve.

See, I think that if I was a real writer, I'd call and set up an interview. But, try as I might, I just can't bring myself to do it. I talk a big game, but I'm really just a kitten. Not even. I'm a teensy mouse.

~I read this incredible book. Everupme I love must read it. It's called In Defense of Food and it is written by Michael Pollan who just might be my new hero. It is such an incredible book that I am not going to write about it right now because you've been reading this post for so long that you're probably just skimming by now and when I decide to write about In Defense of Food I want your complete and utter undivided attention. So check back later for details.

Love you, miss you, sorry I've left you hanging for so long, I know it just kills you not to know every sordid detail of my sad little life on a daily basis so I promise I will try really hard to write more often.

Smooches.

2 comments:

Toots said...

It Does! It just Warms the Cockles of my Heart! (Wait....what, exactly, are cockles - as in, Heart cockles?)

John L Taylor said...

thank god posts have begun again!