Saturday, April 26, 2008

Rocky Update

So apparently the California Department of Fish and Game decided that it was not under their jurisdiction to decide Rocky's fate. Their investigation showed them that Rocky had not put the general public at risk and so it's not up to them to decide what will become of him. It is up to his owner. I read that there are no current plans to euthanize him. But I don't know much else. I also don't know if there is anyone else I can write letters to. Do you know anything else?

I, unfortunately, read a bunch of comments posted by Stupid Americans alongside several online articles. I had to stop reading because the number of people who wrote things like, "That bear shoold be kill'd" and "Lets bbq that dumb bear" made me physically ill.

Anyway, a hearty Thank You to all of you who wrote letters to the DFG. It means a lot to me to know that I'm not alone in my concern for this wild beast who's gotten into a mess because of human error. Let's all pray for the state of mankind. I think it's kind of a disaster.

2 comments:

-J. said...

I read a news story today that had the other trainers at the center where he lived also asking the DFG that he be spared, so I don't believe there are any plans to put him down.

-J. said...

Obviously, that story was written before the DFG decided they did not have jurisdiction.