Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Safety is for Wusses.

You cannot imagine how bummed out I was this morning when I realized I'd left my camera at home (again!). Because walking down 9th Ave., I saw four used needles hanging out on the sidewalk next to the garbage pile.




I took these pics with my phone and the camera in my phone (obviously) sucks ass. But man, oh man, can you imagine what awesome pictures I could've gotten if I'd had my real camera?

New York is awesome. Used needles just hanging out on the sidewalk with banana peels and empty cigarette cartons. I once found a used needle in the bathroom of the Starbucks I worked at in Hollywood, but this was much better. I hope I get to raise my kids here because, man, those people living in the suburbs have no idea what they're missing.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just reading your goofy used-needle post makes me realize I am already experiencing Ish withdrawal!!! No needles required....

Toots said...

Maybe you should be happy you left your Real Camera at home becuz, well, like...wouldn't somebody just Rip It Off anyway?

A Serious Girl said...

So, Jennifer .... would that be "Needle-Free Ish Withdrawal"? :) I can't wait for Saturday!!!

And, 'cita, no way! No one would Rip It Off. New York is awesome. There's no crime here. Srsly. It's not Santa Monica, you know.

Dori Jennings said...

R*A*D

I wish I got to see the Ish on Saturday...

Jennifer said...

Or Needless...I mean needle-less

George said...

do I sense a hint of sarcasm? you know you love it

A Serious Girl said...

Dopes - AWwwwww!!!! I heart you.

Jen - Totally.

George - DUDE!!!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????? I FREAKING MISS YOU! And actually, the weird thing is that finding those needles on the sidewalk made me giddy with joy. I really genuinely thought it was like, the coolest thing ever. A year ago I would have been SO freaked out and disgusted, but yesterday, wow I really wanted to run home to get my camera but I had to get to work. Otherwise I totally would have.