Monday, January 07, 2008

It happened before I could stop it....

I've often been heard whining about how I think New Yorkers are really lazy because they think it's too much trouble to travel from downtown to uptown. Kids, learn from my example. Watch your mouths. I totally get on the subway now instead of walking ten blocks. I cringe with dread when I know I have to head all the way downtown for something. I have my groceries delivered because walking four blocks with a weeks worth of groceries is too exhausting. I HATE traveling cross-town even though I know Manhattan is only about three miles wide at it's widest point. But the real kicker?

Yesterday I dropped my laundry off to be washed for me. That's right. I can't even do my own laundry anymore. I'm actually paying someone else to do it for me.

I don't think I'm in the Valley anymore....

4 comments:

George said...

Now THATS WHAT IM FRIGGIN TOAHKING ABAAAAHHHT!!!!!! I look foreward to the day you have your "hey im walking here" moment, i was shocked when it happened to me!!

Anonymous said...

I am happy you have your laundry done! And your groceries delivered. Sounds so civilized...

Anonymous said...

When you say "New Yorkers" do you mean real New Yorkers? Or are you referring to all these impostors that have been moving into my city? 'Cause I don't remember ever dropping my laundry off or shying away from ?walking the entire length of Manhattan. Sho'nuff, biatch!

A Serious Girl said...

Ouch. Uh..... yeah. I guess I'm *sigh* talking about the impostors.

But you know what? YOU'RE an impostor in MY city! So take that!