Wednesday, April 01, 2009

This earned him an elbow in the eye socket.


A preface. Mike likes us to sleep on our sides like spoons. I like him to sleep on his back, and then I lay on my belly and put my head on his shoulder. He hates sleeping on his back. I hate sleeping on my side. And thus you have the biggest conflict in our marriage.

Him: Mmmmm. Spoons. So comfy. Sweet dreams, Pumpkin.

Me: Can I put my head on your shoulder?

Him: Shhh... go to sleep.

Me: Please?

Him: ...mmmmmm... ...so cozy...

Me: It would more cozy if my head was on your shoulder... 

Him: Shhhh....

Me: Come on. Roll over.

Him: (pretend snoring)

Me: If you love me you'll let me put my head on your shoulder.

Him: Shh... Sleep.

Me: Can I sleep with my head on your shoulder tomorrow night?

Him: (big sigh) Sure. Go to sleep.

Me: Promise?

Him: Yeah, whatevs. GO TO SLEEP.

Me: We should take turns. Like, every other night we sleep your way and on alternate nights we sleep my way. 

Him: ...

Me: So tonight is your night.

Him: ... You gonna move to the couch then, or what?

3 comments:

'Cita said...

Learn to sleep on your side - its healthier. It IS!

Steve said...

Choosing the eye socket was an act of kindness. :-)

People in the Sun said...

Some guys can only sleep well after getting kicked in the balls. You should try that next time.