Saturday, June 07, 2008

Dooce. Sounds like moose.

I've recently become incomprehensibly addicted to http://www.dooce.com/. It started out innocently enough. I clicked on a link provided by Kim's Kitchen Sink and read an entry and thought it was sweet and promptly forgot about it. Then one day I was a little bored and went back to see if anything new had been posted and it had so I read that and thought it was cool, whatever, no big deal. Then one day I was more bored and beginning to feel sad and lonely and so went back to the blog and this time, rather than just read the newest post, I started going back and reading past posts and then before I knew it I WAS COMPLETELY HOOKED. Every day now I read a little bit more. I'm reading backwards in time and this woman's life is just so compelling to me. I LOVE HER.

Anyway, now when Poompy asks what I'm doing as I'm sitting glued to the computer, my answer is nearly always, "Living vicariously through Dooce." And when he says, "Maybe you should turn off the computer and change out of those sweatpants" I say, "Dooce is my friend. LEAVE ME ALONE."

4 comments:

-J. said...

"I need 14 seconds with the president. 14. That's it. I know this is totally out of the ordinary, but I'm slowly dying of old age, and the number one thing I want to do before I die is burp the alphabet in front of George Bush. HOW COULD HE REFUSE ME? Don't you think he'd be all, BRING THAT WOMAN IN! And we'd bond despite our political differences. THIS IS WHAT AMERICA IS ALL ABOUT."

-J. said...

I'm not sure how dooce could be depressing. She's so damn funny.

A Serious Girl said...

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING! He thinks it's because I envy her life so much. *sigh*

Kim said...

I definitely started reading backwards, and then decided to go the beginning and read frontwards. And nothing can compare to the sadness I felt when I caught up with myself and realized I would have to wait at least 24 hours for a new post to appear. Glad I could turn you on to the Doocery.