Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gettysburg Preview Part 2

Stopped at Ragged Edge for a caffeine pick-us-up. Been tromping the battlefields for 6 1/2 hours. Walked Pickett's charge this morning - a mile through waist-high grasses - it was incredible. Incredible knowing what the men who did it must've endured that fateful day over 150 years ago. Hiked to the top of Big Round Top and Little Round Top. Explored Devil's Den, Valley of Death, and the Slaughter Pen. Walked the Union and Confederate lines along Seminary Ridge and Cemetery Ridge. As soon as the caffeine is keeping my eyelids propped open we'll head on out to Culp's Hill - it's the only thing we haven't explored yet.

THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL.

2 comments:

Hawk said...

Wow, it's been a LONG times since I was at Gettysburg. My folks and I went camping down (up) there a couple times years back when I was a kid. Years and oh I don't want to think about how many years ago it was.

Keep an eye out for bullets they can still be found today.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Wish we wuz there wit'cha!