Friday, October 19, 2007

Did I Mention?

That I made my peace with the rain? Ever since the night of the magical thunderstorm.

It's raining today. It warms my heart. I want to curl up on my sofa with Poompy and the hellhound and the fuksticks* and drink spiced tea and eat fresh baked cookies. But alas, I have to earn an income instead.

*Fuksticks are small, fuzzy creatures that sleep on your couch all day long, leave copious amounts of fur wherever they go, urinate on your favorite rugs, and spend their nights meowling and screeching like banshees, while tearing around your apartment as if being chased by demons. Oh, and they are fond of jumping onto high shelves and using their strong, flexible forepaws and tails to knock off and oftentimes break picture frames, candlesticks and other various items you've carefully displayed and artfully arranged on said shelves.

No comments: