Thursday, July 05, 2007

Is there a word for "unreasonable fear of bugs"?

I am having nightmares about bed bugs. I can't fall asleep at night because I feel like bugs are crawling all over me and I'm constantly swatting at invisible pests, jumping out of bed, flipping on the lights and searching the sheets for bugs. There are no bugs. I know there are no bugs. There can't be any bugs because of the amount of poison we poured around the bed and into EVERY crack and crevice in the apartment. Plus, our mattress and box spring are in plastic covers so even if there were bugs, there'd be no where for them to go. But the thought of bugs is keeping me awake at night. And then when I do finally sleep, I dream about bugs. I've scratched my skin raw, scratching at bug bites I don't even have.

Now someone has just told me about scabies. They are mites that burrow under your skin and lay eggs. The eggs hatch and the little baby mites crawl around and make nests in your skin. I think I ought to just commit myself now.

1 comment:

Toots said...

YOU DO NOT HAVE SCABIES. YOU REMIND ME SOOOO MUCH OF THE NIK. BREATHE. DO YOGA. GET OVER IT. XXX