Friday, December 28, 2007

*halp*

I'm in a funk, you guys.  I'm all like.... blah. Blah. Blah. I need a vacation. A week on some warm sand in fresh air, hot sun beating down on me while I wear nothing but a new bikini. Not that I have a new bikini, but I would definitely go buy one if I could wear it on a tropical beach somewhere.

I just feel..... gross. Bored and gross.

This is where you come in. Where can I go for a nice three days where I can just lay on a warm beach under the sun, napping and reading intermittently, for basically no money? Because I'm totally broke* and can't afford a real vacation.

Any thoughts?

______________________________________________________________
*My mother just flinched and thought to herself, "Don't say you're broke! You're not broke!" Ok, true, I'm not "broke" per se, but I certainly have no business spending money on frivolities like vacation. Not that vacation is a frivolity, I think it's a friggin necessity, but still. I guess maybe I feel like I don't really deserve a vacation. Don't you all feel like crying for me now?

4 comments:

-J. said...

Well, the heat in my apartment is on all the time, and if you sit under the leaky pipe in the sink, it almost feels tropical... more so with a mai tai in your hand, I think.

Or there's just random drunkenness.

Dori Jennings said...

ON IT! I will be out there in just a few short weeks, so here's whatsa gonna happen. With me there it might just seem like a vacation, so CHECK on that item. Then I will either bring with me or ship ahead of time (I don't have the details worked out yet) a heat lamp, a fan, some sand, a kids pool, a sound effects tape of the ocean, a coconut scented air freshner, and some duct tape (the duct tape won't serve any real purpose...but when you have a list of random materials, I think it important to add duct tape as the final item). We will then set up our own tropical island paradise and Frosty will be sated!!! And then we won't even have to deal with tropical bugs!!!! YAY!!!!

A Serious Girl said...

I love BOTH of you guys SO much. I'm taking you up on your offers. Both of you.

smacky kisses

George said...

silly goose, new yorkers go to flaaaaaahrida to soak up the sun.