Tuesday, October 27, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear Project 365+:

I just want to apologize to you for dumping you like a stinking piece of poo. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. The thing is, I still really like you. I mean, I like you, like you. I think you're the coolest. It's just... I've been really busy. And, I know, I know. You'll say, "But it only takes about five seconds to take a photo and write a blurb about it!" The thing is, it takes way more than five seconds. It takes at least thirty minutes to write the blurb, and if I want a photo to write about then I have to haul my camera around all day, and as it is, I'm already breaking my back with all the other stuff I have to carry around for my j-o-b. Did you know that part of my j-o-b requires that I drag around a heavy suitcase and carry a heavy shoulder bag too? In addition to my purse? And since it's gotten cooler, I'm dragging the heavy suitcase, the shoulder bag and the purse either while wearing a heavy coat, or carrying a heavy coat because I got too sweaty to wear the heavy coat.

It is EXHAUSTING.

As a result? I've had to ditch unnecessary items. And I'm sorry, Project, but a camera is unnecessary. As are the following treasured items that have been dumped because of all the heavy shit I have to carry every day:

1. Chap stick
2. Hand Lotion
3. Pocket Mirror
4. Good Luck Charm
5. Extra Pair of Panties

So, basically, I didn't dump you, Project. I love you. I just dumped your baggage. Maybe one day we'll be together again, but that one day? Only God knows when that will be.

Love,
t.

4 comments:

'Cita said...

Soon.........!

Anonymous said...

WORK & LIVE DIVA!!!!!!!

Love,

Archie

George said...

we just like to hear from you darlin.

Kim said...

What job is this that makes you lug around a big ole suitcase?