Saturday, August 30, 2008

I am so mad I can barely see straight.

Hypothetical Situation, Or Perhaps Something My Husband Is Currently Experiencing. 

You plan a vacation. You get the dates approved by your employer before purchasing the plane tickets. During the four month period prior to leaving for said vacation, you periodically remind your employer that you will be leaving on the vacation on previously agreed upon dates. One week before you are scheduled to leave for your vacation, your vacation that you have been planning for four months, that you have already paid for, some bitch you work with quits unexpectedly and your employer tells you that if you choose to take your vacation anyway, you will not have a job when you return. It costs you $100 to cancel the plane tickets that you ONLY PURCHASED ONCE YOU'D GOTTEN APPROVAL FROM YOUR EMPLOYER. Should you be reimbursed for the financial burden caused to you by your employer? Or should you suck it up?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

OK...This post is unfortunately making people that said "bitch" and/or employer is me. I have received at least one semi-accusatory text message. Let's be clear. This post has NOTHING to do with "Fat-Thighs-Are-Us."

Thank you, and good night.

Hawk said...

I'd print up a nice invoice for the cancelation fees and hand it to your boss.

-J. said...

I think Fat Thighs R Us needs a logo and maybe a t-shirt.

Jennifer said...

I can think of a few people that could be a model for our logo.

A Serious Girl said...

WHOA! It's Poompy's employer. Not mine. My employer is incredibly lax about vacations. Let's all just breathe.