Wednesday, July 09, 2008

If given the opportunity, he absolutely would eat my face.


I've had this huge blister on my left heel for WEEKS. It was completely painless, just this annoying bubble of flesh on the bottom of my foot. I've been dying to cut it open and trim all the dead skin off, but I knew it would be stupid to mess with it, so I've exercised incredible restraint and just left it alone. It finally ripped open last night and the first thing I did was grab my little nail scissors and trim the quarter sized piece of skin off the bottom of my foot. And then, just because... I don't know... maybe because I'd recently consumed 8 or 14 oz of gin, I gave the piece of skin to Theo. I mean, he was sitting at my feet, gazing up at me with that pretty tail of his thump-thump-thumping the linoleum. When I held the flap of skin out to him, he literally started jumping in circles. How am I supposed to resist the jumping in circles thing? So I handed him the piece of me and he ate it. Just gobbled it right up. Then looked up at me as if to say, "Got any more?"

6 comments:

Dori Jennings said...

I just threw up a little...don't worry, I put it in a jar to mail to Thaxle...

-J. said...

I'm not sure which is more disturbing; that he ate it or that you fed it to him.

Kitty said...

that's vile. I mean, really. The dog has a taste for you now, and he's going to consume you while you sleep. Gracie drinks blood from my ear scab, and if she were bigger . . I wouldn't be commenting on blogs. I would be scraps at the bottom of her cage.

George said...

Don't feed your dog your skin. That is all.

Anonymous said...

If you ever get a bad sunburn, you can feed Theo all the peelings of your skin. What a feast!

Anonymous said...

Seems Perfectly Normal to me....