Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Didn't their mothers teach them manners?

I was on the C heading uptown today and the assface sitting across from me kept sneezing and coughing, really loudly, which, you know, fine, he's got a cold, but what's his excuse for not covering his mouth? For coughing and sneezing and spraying his saliva all over the people around him? Was he raised by cows? Cows don't have hands, they can't cover the mouths. PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THAT EXCUSE. Even though it felt like he was intentionally spreading his germs, I would have look passed it had he not also been hocking up loogies onto the floor of the train after every third cough.

This afternoon a woman came into the spa and stood at my desk, leaning over me, and started coughing all over me. She also did not put her hand over her mouth, but let her mucousy spittle spray all over my face and neck. I jumped backwards to get away from her and she screeched out in her old-lady-probably-been-smoking-for-50-years voice, "Oh, don't worry sweetheart. I don't have a cold. That's just a tickle in my throat." Then she proceeded to cough all over me some more.

THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN LOS ANGELES.

8 comments:

George said...

aaaaahh new york... how i dont miss thee.... let me count the ways...

Toots said...

Ghaaaaaaaaa! Beyond Nasty.

Dori Jennings said...

Ew. Ew. Ew. Yuck. Ew. Nasty. Gross. Ew.

I still love NY, though.

Anonymous said...

Its called carry a gun so you can kill the people who do that...

A Serious Girl said...

Whoa, dude. Chill Out. Guns are NOT cool. Not at all. Never. We don't run around with guns killing people. That is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse than spitting on the subway. Get some perspective!!!

George said...

nono hes right...you should shoot people. its the right thing to do

A Serious Girl said...

GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naughty boy! That is not nice.

I poo on you.

Anonymous said...

and double poooo, but seriously people have to be treated with kindness, next time simply take your germs mask out of your bag, everyone in NYC should have one any way, and place it over your own sweet nose-kin, then politely offer nasty offender a small transportable tissue pack, perhaps the cute smelly kind 1 can get at cost +, and say " ah u por thing, your mum never taught u how to spit in a tissue...?" and then move away... xo